Embu Water and Sanitation Company Limited
EWASCO was incorporated as a private company limited by ordinary share capital by the defuct Embu Municipal Council in March 2003. The Company became operational in March 2005 and the financial operations of the Company were separated from those of the Municipal Council in July 2005. Hence, the Company has practically existed since July, 2005. In new dispensation the company is wholly owned by the County Government of Embu
To be the leading water and sanitation services provider in East and Central Africa.
To provide quality, adequate, affordable and sustainable water and sewerage services in the Company’s mandated area, through application of environmentally friendly technologies.
In order to achieve the goals identified in its strategic plan, various functional groupings have been identified to focus on various core activities. The main functional groups are:
The mandate of EWASCO is to supply water and provide sewerage services in the Company’s areas of jurisdiction.
Arising from its mandate, the core functions of EWASCO are:
- Water supply infrastructure development;
- Sewerage infrastructural development;
- Operation and rehabilitation/ maintenance of the infrastructure;
- Sourcing, treatment, distribution of water and provision of sewerage services; and
- Financial management (billing, revenue collection and efficient application of financial resources).